April 12: Join Your Congressmen! Save the NOAA Lab at Sandy Hook Press Conference!Thursday, April 12, at 11am, New Jersey Senators Lautenberg and Menendez, as well as Representative Frank Pallone will be on Sandy Hook at the Historic Fort Hancock’s NOAA James J. Howard Marine Sciences Lab to showcase their continuing commitment to keeping the lab here in the New Jersey/New York region at a Press Event on Sandy Hook! Come on out to Sandy Hook for the afternoon to join our Congressmen in supporting the Lab (try to get here a little before 11am to chat with COA and Lab staff)!
- Click here for the Lab Location - Park at Clean Ocean Action, the event is just across the lot.
- Also, sign an e-petition calling on NOAA to keep the lab open and restore marine mammal funding (thanks to those who already have)!
Beach Sweeps! As with every "Earth Month" - the weather is great and the beach is calling!
- Join us in cleaning up the beach at this free, fun, family festivity!
- NEW! This year, teams and individuals can join us in raising funds for a cleaner ocean by "crowdrising" the Beach Sweeps; for details on how to WIN amazing, eco-friendly swag, and help the beach, click here.
April 27: Public Hearing on Atlantic Ocean Oil ExplorationJoin Clean Ocean Action and citizens groups, industries, and business-owners from across the Shore on Friday, April 27th in Atlantic City at 1pm for a public hearing on the government's dangerous, destructive proposal to siesmically-blast the Atlantic Ocean from Florida to the Jersey Shore in order map out every last dorp of oil and gas to be found. This process will invlove loud, dangerous, and damaging underwater airgun blasts, and will only help the drilling companies that have been pushing for access to your clean ocean!
- Hearings will be at the Atlantic City Convention Center on Friday, April 27, at 1pm.
- Contact Zach at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to sign up to speak, get more details on the hearing, or to inquire about COA bus-transport to the site!
- For more on the government's proposal, check out our blog post!