Monday, June 23, 2014

2014 C.O.A.S.T. Campaign Kick Off!

Summer is here, and so is the start of our 25th annual C.O.A.S.T. (Clean Ocean Action Shore Tips) campaign! My name is Heather Schleiffer and I would like to introduce myself to you as this season’s 2014 C.O.A.S.T. coordinator. I am currently a junior at Rollins College in Orlando, Florida studying Environmental Studies, and I am very excited to pursue my passion in environmental issues with Clean Ocean Action this summer!
Growing up close to the water in Monmouth County, has given me a great appreciation for the coast. I spend the greater part of my summer at the beach and take advantage of all that the Jersey Shore has to offer! I hate to see the dirty beaches and polluted waterways so I try my hardest to keep the shores clean. In the upcoming months, I plan on taking this appreciation and harnessing it towards a summer of activism with Clean Ocean Action!
A major component of my C.O.A.S.T. internship is organizing informational tables at beaches in Monmouth and Ocean Counties throughout July and August. These tabling events are a great way for volunteers to participate with COA and take action for a cleaner ocean! As a new or seasoned volunteer, it is very important that you attend one of the two volunteer training sessions. Come enjoy a night of pizza, ocean empowerment, and meeting other volunteers! Please let me know if you can attend one of these two sessions:

Wednesday, June 25, 6:30-8:30 PM, Clean Ocean Action Office, 18 N Hartshorne Drive, Highlands, NJ 07732
Thursday, June 26, 6:30-8:30 PM, Point Pleasant Borough Library,
834 Beaver Dam Rd., Pt. Pleasant, NJ 08742

           It only takes a few hours to be a part of this amazing effort! Each volunteer will receive a complimentary giveaway, enjoy a day at the beach, and feel great about being a part of the solution to ocean pollution. To RSVP for a training session or participate in COAST, please call me at (732) 872-0111 or email me at Coast@CleanOceanAction.org.
I look forward to working with you on this important campaign to protect both the ocean and the shore. Please join us in our efforts! This session is open to everyone, no matter the age, so feel free to bring a friend!

Yours for a cleaner ocean,

Heather Schleiffer
2014 C.O.A.S.T. Coordinator


No comments:

Post a Comment