Water quality and clean water in New York and New Jersey is an issue that COA has worked to protect and improve on since 1985. For the past eight years, COA has been able to make an impact on global water resources through our partnership with Aveda. Every April, participating Aveda salons, spas, institutes, and retail center raise funds and awareness for clean water at the local and global level.
Since 1999, Aveda has raised over $38 million globally and $32 million for clean water projects worldwide. These funds help support programs such as water quality projects, COA’s education programs, coastal cleanups such as the Beach Sweeps, and much more. Aveda also partners with Global Greengrants Fund to provide grants for community-based water projects in more than 40 countries. Help make a difference and support clean water initiatives by visiting a participating salon near you, attending an event, or making a donation.
Join us at an Earth Month Event or Celebration near you:
April 13th- Global Cut-a-thon
April 18th- Clean Water Awareness Event at Rizzieri at Moorestown Mall, NJ
April 22nd- Aveda & Purpose.com Panel on Sustainability with key speakers from sustainable design, education, corporate, and non-profit sectors.
April 25th- Beach Sweeps
- Spruce Salon will be at Spring Lake Heights
- Linsdy Casey Salon will be at Ocean City, NJ
- Aveda at Short Hills Mall will be at Toney Brook, NJ
April 26th- Cut-a-Thon at Euphoria Hair Salon, Hopewell Junction, NY
May 4th- Cony Island Clean Up hosted by Parlor Salon
Month-long Aveda Events
- Massages for Clean Water
- Stress-Fix Relaxation Treatments at all Experience Centers
- Aveda Cherry Hill Mall, Cherry Hill, NJ
- Crowdrise Fundraising for a Cause
- Aveda Columbus Circle will host yoga classes Every Sunday at 9am for a $10 donation.
- Raffles and fundraising campaigns held at individual stores